1) NO SMOKING: This is a NON-SMOKING vacation rental, including e-cigarettes and any/all vaping products. Evidence of smoking, such as the smell of cigarette, cigar, pipe or any other type smoke inside the home detected by the cleaning crew is sufficient basis to charge the renter for smoke cleanup and removal from carpeting, AC ducts & filters and furniture. This type of clean-up is expensive and Guest is liable for the deep cleaning costs incurred. Guest may smoke outside of and away from the home as long as they properly dispose of their smoking products.
2) OVERNIGHT STAYS: Only those persons specifically identified under "Rental Party" of the Short-Term Rental Agreement are authorized to stay overnight at the property.
3) ASSUMPTION OF RISK: Myra’s Mountain Retreat is privately owned. The Owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest, members of the Rental Party or others they allow on the premises. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that the Guest, all members of the Rental Party and others whom they invite to use the premises, are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of this vacation rental.
4) NO PETS ALLOWED: Evidence of pets being brought into the vacation property such as hair, pet smell, or damage to furnishings detected by the cleaning crew will result in the Guest being charged a deep cleaning fee of $200.
5) PARKING: Parking is plentiful at the vacation rental, in the upper garage or on the front or rear driveway. Parking, driving or riding any vehicle or trailer on the grass is strictly prohibited. Damage to yard is subject to damage claims by the Owners as described in paragraph 10 of the Short-Term Rental Agreement.
6) PROPERTY USE AND CARE: Guest agrees to keep vacation rental, its furniture and its furnishings in good order, including timely clean-up of spills. Removing, adding or changing furniture or furnishings without Owners’ expressed written approval is strictly prohibited.
7) HOUSEKEEPING: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Owners suggest Guest brings beach towels for swimming in surrounding areas such as the Cove Lake Recreational Area. Owners do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the vacation rental. As stated in the property description in the Short-Term Rental Agreement, cleaning of the property is included in the rental fee. Please note that cleaning does NOT include dishes & cooking utensils as stated below in paragraph 13, Check-out Procedures.
8) NO PARTIES: This property is not a party house. Any special occasions such as weddings, receptions and family reunions must be disclosed at the time the reservation is made and must be approved by Owners in advance. Events including, but not limited to prom parties, fraternity or sorority parties and graduation parties are not allowed at any time. Adults cannot rent property on behalf of underage guests, no exception.
9) SEPTIC SYSTEM: Myra’s Mountain Retreat utilizes a septic system for sewer treatment. The septic system is carefully and routinely maintained by the Owners and is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilets. If the septic system clogs and it is found that the cause is flushing of improper materials, the Renter will be responsible for plumber’s fee to resolve the issue.
10) GAS GRILL: The gas grill must only be used outside, either on the rear deck or outside of the garage on the driveway. Use inside the garage is an extreme fire hazard; therefore, is not allowed under any circumstances.
11) CHINA CABINET: The dishes, platters and other service items in the china cabinet in the den/family room are not for use by Renter. As a reminder and to help keep guests from inadvertently damaging something, the doors have been zip-tied closed. Guests are welcome to read books contained behind the solid doors on the ends as long as the books are left in the vacation rental.
12) USE OF EXTRAS: The Owners make available extra bed linens to handle unusual circumstances or needs. These extra items are provided in the hall linen closet upstairs. If Renter uses any of these extra items they will wash, dry and return them to their prior location or Renter will be assessed an additional cleaning fee of $25.00. Any extra beds unused by Renter are to be left as found. Beds that Renter does use are to be left unmade and Renter is to take used linens to basement laundry and leave them on the floor near the washing machine. Used towels and washcloths are to be placed in laundry basket(s) in the basement laundry room.
13) CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES: Renter is responsible to complete the check-out procedures in the provided Guest Information Book that includes a check out list and to ensure that the keys are left at the vacation rental. Renter is responsible that all debris, rubbish and discards are placed in provided plastic garbage bags and transferred to the large trashcans in the upper garage, and soiled dishes and cooking utensils are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. Dishwasher detergent pods are provided under the kitchen sink.
14) HOLDING OVER: Because of the nature of Owners’ business (short term vacation rentals) Renter understands, and is hereby put on notice, that any unauthorized “holding over” of the property past the agreed to rental period could severely jeopardize Owners’ business and cause loss of rental income from other previously booked guests, temporary and/or permanent loss of business, goodwill and/or reputation and, among other things, could force Owners to breach an agreement with similar short term rental guest(s) who may have reservations during Renter’s unauthorized “holding over” period. In the event, Owners may be legally liable in damages to said other guests. Renter should be aware that unauthorized “holding over” has been construed as a factor in establishing “malicious continuing occupation” of rental property, which may entitle Owners to treble damages in any unlawful detained action. Renter also recognizes the unauthorized “holding over” could be grounds in court as a cause of action for intentionally interfering with Owners’ prospective business advantage. In addition, we will charge $100.00 an hour past 11:30 a.m. on day of check out as described in the Short-Term Rental Agreement.
15) REMEDIES: In the event of a default to the Rental Agreement, including, but not limited to Renter’s unauthorized “holding over” or those acts mentioned above in this agreement, and in addition to all other rights and remedies Owners may have at law, Owners shall have the option, upon written notice or as Arkansas law may hereinafter provide, to immediately re-enter and remove all Renter, guests and their property from premises. In such an instance, the Rental Agreement will be terminated, and Owners shall be entitled to otherwise recover all damages allowable under the law. The Renter, as part of the considerations of this special rental, in recognition that this property is booked in advance by other guests throughout the year, hereby waives all claims for damages that might be caused by Owners’ re-entry and taking possession of premises or removing or storing property as herein provided, and will hold Owner harmless from loss, costs and damages occasioned thereof.
16) ATTORNEYS FEE/DEFAULT: If any legal action or proceeding (including default, non- payments, etc.) arising out of or related to this Rental Agreement is brought by either party to this Rental Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to receive from the other party, in addition to all other relief that may be granted, the reasonable attorney’s fees, costs and expenses incurred in the action or proceeding by the prevailing party.